No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Coinbase Pro Trade Volume Charts (24h)
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is an U.S. based centralized cryptocurrency exchange with its official headquarters in San Francisco. However, by 2020, the company announced that it will no longer recognize a formal headquarters, but would adopt remote work mode, and employees will be distributed all over the world.
Coinbase was founded in June 2012 and launched the services to trade bitcoins in October 2012. Customers around the world discover and begin their journeys with crypto through Coinbase.
In 2015, Coinbase decided to expand the range of cryptocurrency products, thus it set up a separate cryptocurrency exchange to cater to individual or "informal" investors and highly active traders. It was named GDAX, which stands for Global Digital Asset Exchange. In May 2018, the GDAX cryptocurrency exchange was renamed as Coinbase Pro.
Today, Coinbase and Coinbase Pro have approximately 56 million verified users, 8,000 institutions, and 134,000 ecosystem partners in over 100 countries.
Who is the Founder and CEO of Coinbase?
Coinbase was founded by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. The CEO of Coinbase is Brian Armstrong, a former Airbnb engineer.
As a leading cryptocurrency exchange, the mission of Coinbase is to increase economic freedom in the world by providing an open financial system for everyone. Its priority is to become the most trusted and easy-to-use cryptocurrency exchange.
Differences Between Coinbase and Coinbase Pro?
Both Coinbase and Coinbase Pro belong to Coinbase Global, Inc., but they provide different cryptocurrency trading platforms. Coinbase aims to help novice investors make their first cryptocurrency purchases, whereas Coinbase Pro is a professional-grade trading platform for active traders.
- User interface: Coinbase offers a simple way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, with a clean and simple user interface. Coinbase Pro, on the other hand, provides users with advanced charting and trading options, thus the user interface is more complicated.
- Fee: Compared with Coinbase, Coinbase Pro has a simpler fee structue and the fee is lower than Coinbase.
- Types of transactions supported: As far as Coinbase is concerned, cryptocurrency prices are publicly displayed. Users can only buy and sell cryptocurrencies at the displayed price at a certain time. There is no flexibility in user transactions. In contrast, Coinbase Pro has more trading options for users to choose from, including market orders and limit orders.
- Maximum trading amount: The maximum trading amount for Coinbase is limited by payment method and region, while the amount for Coinbase Pro is unlimited.
Main Features of Coinbase Pro
- Industry leading API
- Insurance protection
- Competitive fees
- Multiple trade options
- News feed
Coinbase Goes Public
Coinbase went public directly on the Nasdaq exchange on April 14, 2021, instead of choosing the traditional IPO process. Through the listing, Coinbase helped establish the legitimacy of the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency industries.
Is Coinbase Trustworthy?
Coinbase is considered a secure cryptocurrency exchange with a robust system to ensure the security of customer accounts, including the use of two-step verification, biometric fingerprint logins, insurance, FDIC-insured USD balances, and AES-256 encryption for digital wallets.
Although security measures have been implemented by cryptocurrency exchanges, it cannot fully guarantee the security of users' funds. In addition to depositing funds on centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, users can also choose to transfer funds to reputable wallets to reduce risk. However, each method contains certain risks, users need to compare and choose the most appropriate one based on their specific conditions.
How Can I Contact Coinbase Customer Support?
Coinbase Help Center: https://help.coinbase.com/
Coinbase Email Request Form: https://help.coinbase.com/en/contact-us
Coinbase Live phone support (only available for Coinbase Card US inquiries):
- +1 888 908-7930 (US/Intl)
- 0808 168 4635 (UK)
- 1800 200 355 (Ireland)
Or try these social media to get Coinbase customer service:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinbase
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/coinbase
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/coinbase
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coinbase
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coinbase/
Coinbase Pro Team
Coinbase Pro's Announcement
Coinbase Pro's App and Desktop
- Can You Stake Cardano on Coinbase?