No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Bitcoin Price (BTC)
Bitcoin (BTC) Chart
Bitcoin (BTC) Return On Investment(ROI)
Bitcoin (BTC) Price Now
Bitcoin price today is $35,724.81 with a 24-hour trading volume of $21,600,764,107. BTC price is up 1.09% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 18.94Mil BTC coins and a max supply of 21Mil. In order to explore addresses and transactions, you may use block explorers such as
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a digital asset and a payment system invented by Satoshi Nakamoto who published a related paper in 2008 and released it as open-source software in 2009. The system featured as peer-to-peer; users can transact directly without an intermediary. Transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called the blockchain. The ledger uses bitcoin as its unit of account. The system works without a central repository or single administrator, which has led the U.S. Treasury to categorize bitcoin as a decentralized virtual currency. Bitcoin is often called the first cryptocurrency, although prior systems existed. Bitcoin is more correctly described as the first decentralized digital currency. It is the largest of its kind in terms of total market value by now.
How Bitcoin Work?
Unlike traditional currencies, BTC doesn't rely on an organization to issue it's currency but instead relies on miner to solve specific mathematical algorithm which generates BTC once every 10 minutes.
Bitcoin proposes a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Where Can You Buy Bitcoin(BTC)?
BTC is the most popular and highest trading cryptocurrency,. If you are new to the crypto market, Investing in Bitcoin can seem complicated, but it is much easier when you buy Bitcoin through cryptocurrency exchange. Signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange will allow you to buy, sell, and hold Bitcoin — both for fiat currency and other cryptocurrencies. Some of the most popular Bitcoin cryptocurrency exchange are:
After you sign up, you could connect your bank account with the exchange for the conversion between fiat currency and BTC( some country seem more complicated,you have to buy btc through OTC ,such as China).
BTC will be stored in the hot wallet of your chosen exchange once transaction is complete and you could sell it or convert it back into fiat currency anytime and anywhere.
How Do you Store Bitcoin(BTC)?
When you buy, earn, or send Bitcoin(BTC), You Want to Store Bitcoin. There are Some Ways for you.
Storing Bitcoin on an exchange
Cryptocurrency exchanges are a popular place for many newcomers to buy their first Bitcoin because they make the buying process very simple But We recommend using cryptocurrency exchanges only for trading—not for storing your Bitcoin. Because Cryptocurrency exchanges are not a secure place to store your Bitcoin. Once you’ve bought your Bitcoin, move it to your software or hardware wallet as soon as possible.
Storing Bitcoin on an Software wallets: Convenient storage
- This wallet is typically an app that you download to your phone or desktop, but there are other variations, such as web wallets and hardware wallets.
- Depending on how much Bitcoin you own and how often you want to access it, different types of wallets will be better suited to you.Software wallets: Convenient storage
- For frequent Bitcoin trading, software wallets are ideal.
- These take the form of an app which is downloaded for free to your phone or desktop. You simply open up the app and can make Bitcoin transactions in an instant.
- Since software wallets are connected to the internet, it’s important to make sure your device is well secured to prevent online theft.
- We only recommend storing a limited amount of your Bitcoin in a software wallet for regular trading and spending.
- Tip: Make sure the software wallet you’re using is decentralized wallet. This means only you can access your Bitcoin— not the wallet provider.
Hardware wallets: Long-term storage
- If you own a significant amount of Bitcoin, the best storage option is a hardware wallet (often called a cold wallet).
- These are physical devices created specifically for the purpose of storing cryptocurrencies, and they offer the best security for your digital assets.
- This is because hardware wallets are not connected to the internet, making them invulnerable to online hacking.
- Since they take more time to access, hardware wallets aren’t ideal for making frequent Bitcoin transactions: use them for long-term storage instead.
Tip: Hardware wallets are well worth the money—especially if you own a lot of Bitcoin. To make sure the device is legitimate, only buy one from a company you can trust.
How is Bitcoin used today?
Bitcoins are created as a reward for payment processing work in which users offer their computing power to verify and record payments into a public ledger. This activity is called mining and miners are rewarded with transaction fees and newly created bitcoins. Besides being obtained by mining, bitcoins can be exchanged for other currencies, products, and services. Users can send and receive bitcoins for an optional transaction fee.
Bitcoin Core developer, former co-founder, core engineer of Blockstream, and Engineer at Chaincode Labs
BTC Price Statistics
- Bitcoin Price Today
24h Low / 24h High
$34,356.77 / $36,164.59
Trading Volume 24h
Volume / Market Cap(%)
- Bitcoin Market Cap
Fully Diluted Market Cap
- Bitcoin Price History
7d Low / 7d High
$34,213.41 / $43,785.35
30d Low / 30d High
$34,213.41 / $51,999.81
90d Low / 90d High
$34,213.41 / $68,946.94
52 Week Low / 52 Week High
$28,916.91 / $68,946.94
All Time High
All Time Low
- Show More