No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Poloniex Trade Volume Charts (24h)
What is Poloniex?
Poloniex is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange based in Seychelles.
Poloniex was founded in year 2014 and got off to a rocky start. In March 2014, Poloniex suffered a high-profile hacking attack that lost approximately 12% of its Bitcoin, which were worth $50,000 at that time. The management of Poloniex publicly responded to the hacking attack and fully compensated for the Bitcoins stolen by temporarily increasing fees on the platform. At the same time, efforts are being made to enhance the security of the platform. Until year 2016, Poloniex regained the attention of investors as the first exchange to list Ethereum (ETH) cryptocurrency. Since then. its scale and trading volume began to increase, becoming one of the most popular exchanges. However, after being acquired by Circle in 2018 and being split out in 2019, Poloniex's trading volume has declined significantly. Currently, its 24-hour turnover is approximately $190 million.
Who is the Founder and CEO of Poloniex?
The founder and CEO of Poloniex is Tristan D'Agosta, who has a music background and has founded Polonius Sheet Music in 2010.
With the mission of building the future of finance, Poloniex is committed to creating the most advanced digital asset exchange in the world, and it has attracted millions of customers and facilitated tens of billions of dollars in transactions.
- Spot Trading
- Margin Trading
- Futures (Perpectual Trading)
- P2P Lending (minimum loan amount: 0.005 BTC)
- FIAT Trading
- Staking on Poloniex
- Leaderboard ( trading campaigns to earn rewards)
- 24/7 support team
- Poloniex Learn
- Global community
- Poloniex News
Can U.S. citizens use Poloniex?
Unfortunately, Poloniex does not support U.S. citizens. It shut off access to U.S.-based users after it spun out from Circle in December 2019.
Currently, Poloniex serves most countries in the world, with only a few geographical limitations. Citizens and residents of the following countries are prohibited from accessing and trading on the platform:
- North Korea
- The United States
How to Withdrawal Money from Poloniex?
Click the link below for details of Poloniex's withdrawal process:
Is Poloniex Safe?
Although Poloniex experienced the high-profile hacking early on, it has recovered and learned its lessons from the attack. After the hacking attack, it implemented continuous automatic auditing of the entire exchange, enhanced the security of all servers, and redesigned the command processing method to protect users' accounts.
At present, Poloniex is considered a reliable and safe cryptocurrency exchange with the following security measures in place:
- Protection against DoS attacks
- Cryptographic signatures-based DNS cache protection
- Strong security against web attacks like robot infiltration
- Most of the Poloniex user funds are stored in cold wallets
- Role accounts to protect users private information
- Registry lock to prevent unauthorized changes to the website
- Two-factor authentication
- Session log history
- Email confirmations and IP lockouts
Although security measures have been implemented by cryptocurrency exchanges, it cannot fully guarantee the security of users' funds. In addition to depositing funds on centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, users can also choose to transfer funds to reputable wallets to reduce risk. However, each method contains certain risks, users need to compare and choose the most appropriate one based on their specific conditions.
How Can I Contact Poloniex Contact Support?
- Poloniex Contact Support: https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us
Or try these social media to get Poloniex customer service:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Poloniex
- Telegram: https://t.me/poloniexenglish
- Weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/7335432157
- VK: https://vk.com/poloniexexchange
- Medium: https://medium.com/poloniex
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/poloniex/