No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Mina Protocol Price (MINA)
Mina Protocol (MINA) Chart
Mina Protocol (MINA) Return On Investment(ROI)
Mina Protocol (MINA) Price Now
Mina Protocol price today is $0.5813 with a 24-hour trading volume of $12,763,226. MINA price is up 3.53% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 762.8Mil MINA coins and a total supply of 824.1Mil. In order to explore addresses and transactions, you may use block explorers such as
What Is Mina Protocol(MINA)?
Mina is a layer one protocol designed to deliver on the original promise of blockchain — true decentralization, scale and security. Mina offers an elegant solution: replacing the blockchain with an easily verifiable, consistent-sized cryptographic proof. Mina dramatically reduces the amount of data each user needs to download. Instead of verifying the entire chain from the beginning of time, participants fully verify the network and transactions using recursive zero knowledge proofs (or zk-SNARKs). Nodes can then store the small proof, as opposed to the entire chain. And because it's a consistent size, Mina stays accessible — even as it scales to many users and accumulates years of transaction data.
What Are the Features of Mina Protocol(MINA)?
- Own Your Data, Mina's zkApps, smart contracts powered by zero-knowledge, keep users in control of their privacy by validating and sharing proofs of their data, rather than the data itself.
- Access Mina from Other Chains, Given Mina's lightweight design and the off-chain nature of Mina's zkapp smart contract computations, it's easy to use the Mina proof system from other chains.
- Connecting Crypto to the Real World, Mina's zkApps can privately interact with any website and access verified real-world data for use on-chain.
- Every Participant is a Full Node, Mina's lightweight 22kb blockchain means anyone can easily connect peer-to-peer and validate transactions like a full node, ensuring strong censorship resistance and security for the blockchain.
- A Global Community, Mina is powered by participants.
What Can I Do on the Mina Network?
Any node can send and receive transactions on the Mina network. Additionally, any node can choose to be a "Node operator". Node operators play two specific roles:
- Block Producer - this is analogous to being a Bitcoin "miner" or a "validator" in other proof-of-stake networks. By staking mina, you can be selected to produce a block and win the block reward
- Snark Worker - this job is what helps compress data in Mina's network. The snark worker nodes generate proofs of transactions, and the block producer buys these proofs on the network (we call it a "snarketplace" :)) - thus, the snark worker gets rewarded a bit of the block reward for their efforts.
What Consensus Algorithm does Mina Use?
Mina's consensus mechanism is an implementation of Ouroboros Proof-of-Stake. Due to Mina's unique compressed blockchain, certain aspects of the algorithm have diverged from the Ouroboros papers, and the version Mina uses is called Ouroboros Samisika. Stay tuned for more details on Ouroboros Samisika and some technical writeups on its details and implementation.
How Does Mina Achieve Scalability?
Mina achieves scalability through the use of recursive zk-SNARKs. By generating a proof that attests to the validity of historic blockchain states, Mina can keep the blockchain size fixed. This allows for increased throughput due to block size limits not being as taxing on the network, thereby increasing the scalability of the network.
Who Are the Founders of Mina Protocol(MINA)?
In June of 2017, O(1) Labs kicked off an ambitious new open source project to design a layer one protocol that could deliver on the original promise of blockchain—true decentralization, scale and security. Rather than apply brute computing force, Mina offers an elegant solution using advanced cryptography and recursive zero knowledge technology.
The project has come a long way since 2017. Mina is now stewarded by the Mina Foundation, growing its community and ecosystem worldwide. Several testnets have been conducted, and the network has launched successfully on mainnet as of March 2021. Here, developers build powerful zkApps, or decentralized apps based on zero knowledge, so their users can take advantage of dapps without compromising their privacy or security.
Where Can You Buy Mina Protocol(MINA)?
Investing in Mina Protocol can seem complicated, but it is much easier when you buy Mina Protocol through cryptocurrency exchange. Signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange will allow you to buy, sell, and hold Mina Protocol — both for fiat money and other cryptocurrencies. Some of the most popular Mina Protocol cryptocurrency exchange are:
Mina Protocol (MINA) Community
MINA Price Statistics
- Mina Protocol Price Today
Mina Protocol Price
24h Low / 24h High
$0.5597 / $0.5924
Trading Volume 24h
Volume / Market Cap(%)
- Mina Protocol Market Cap
Fully Diluted Market Cap
- Mina Protocol Price History
7d Low / 7d High
$0.5415 / $0.5973
30d Low / 30d High
$0.4957 / $0.8163
90d Low / 90d High
$0.4957 / $0.8315
52 Week Low / 52 Week High
$0.4957 / $4.22
All Time High
All Time Low
- Show More