No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Cosmos Price (ATOM)
Cosmos (ATOM) Chart
Cosmos (ATOM) Return On Investment(ROI)
Cosmos (ATOM) Price Now
Cosmos price today is $11.7 with a 24-hour trading volume of $284,837,785. ATOM price is down -1.61% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 226.23Mil ATOM coins and a max supply of 284.01Mil. In order to explore addresses and transactions, you may use block explorers such as
What Is Cosmos(ATOM)?
In a nutshell, Cosmos bills itself as a project that solves some of the "hardest problems" facing the blockchain industry. It aims to offer an antidote to "slow, expensive, unscalable and environmentally harmful" proof-of-work protocols, like those used by Bitcoin, by offering an ecosystem of connected blockchains. The project's other goals include making blockchain technology less complex and difficult for developers thanks to a modular framework that demystifies decentralized apps. Last but not least, an Interblockchain Communication protocol makes it easier for blockchain networks to communicate with each other — preventing fragmentation in the industry. Cosmos'origins can be dated back to 2014, when Tendermint, a core contributor to the network, was founded. In 2016, a white paper for Cosmos was published — and a token sale was held the following year. ATOM tokens are earned through a hybrid proof-of-stake algorithm, and they help to keep the Cosmos Hub, the project's flagship blockchain, secure. This cryptocurrency also has a role in the network's governance.
The Founders of Cosmos(ATOM)?
The co-founders of Tendermint — the gateway to the Cosmos ecosystem — were Jae Kwon, Zarko Milosevic and Ethan Buchman. Although Kwon is still listed as principal architect, he stepped down as CEO in 2020. He maintains he is still a part of the project but is mainly focusing on other initiatives. He has now been replaced as Tendermint's CEO by Peng Zhong, and the whole board of directors was given quite a substantial refresh. Their goals include enhancing the experience for developers, creating an enthusiastic community for Cosmos and building educational resources so greater numbers of people are aware of what this network is capable of.
What Problems does Cosmos Solve?
Cosmos solves three primary problems in blockchain: sovereignty, scalability, and sustainability.
- Sovereignty: Blockchains today encourage all economic activity to take place on a single chain. This mindset leads to centralization in governance, ongoing costs for smart contract developers who build on these chains, and high fees for users of congested chains. In contrast, the Cosmos SDK is free for developers and allows them to build sovereign blockchain apps without ongoing costs.
- Scalability: No matter how many transactions per second a blockchain can claim, in Cosmos, developers can always improve throughput with horizontal scalability. Scalability can be achieved by (1) duplicating a blockchain to relieve congestion or (2) splitting up the apps on a blockchain into multiple application-specific blockchains. Interchain token transfers allow these multiple chains to continue as one network.
- Sustainability: Cosmos blockchains use an efficient Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm for securing the network. This PoS algorithm reduces the Cosmos carbon footprint by more than 99% compared to Proof-of-Work blockchains like Bitcoin that has a carbon footprint roughly the size of Switzerland.
What is the Cosmos ATOM Coin?
The ATOM is the Cosmos Hub’s primary token and secures the Hub’s valuable interchain services. If you hold ATOM, you can temporarily lock them up to contribute to the security of the Cosmos Hub using a mechanism called Staking. In exchange for locking your ATOM, you receive rewards in newly minted ATOM and a share of the transaction fees that are collected by the blockchain. However, staking is not risk free. By staking ATOM, you are able to vote in Cosmos Hub governance decisions.
Where Can I Track the Cosmos Crypto Price?
The Cosmos Crypto Price now can be tracked on CoinCarp.com. CoinCarp(CC) provides Crypto Price Tracking, Exchange Ranking, Crypto Wallet Ranking, Crypto Data Analysis, and Crypto News & Information.
Where Can You Buy Cosmos(ATOM)?
Investing in Cosmos can seem complicated, but it is much easier when you buy Cosmos through cryptocurrency exchange. Signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange will allow you to buy, sell, and hold Cosmos — both for fiat money and other cryptocurrencies. Some of the most popular Cosmos cryptocurrency exchange are:
Cosmos (ATOM) Community
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cosmos
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cosmosnetwork
- Telegram: https://t.me/cosmosproject
Cosmos (ATOM) Contracts
ATOM Price Statistics
- Cosmos Price Today
24h Low / 24h High
$11.7 / $12.31
Trading Volume 24h
Volume / Market Cap(%)
- Cosmos Market Cap
Fully Diluted Market Cap
- Cosmos Price History
7d Low / 7d High
$10.12 / $12.31
30d Low / 30d High
$7.44 / $12.31
90d Low / 90d High
$5.58 / $12.47
52 Week Low / 52 Week High
$5.58 / $44.77
All Time High
All Time Low
- Show More