No results for ""
We couldn't find anything matching your search.Try again with a different term.
Arweave Price (AR)
Arweave (AR) Chart
Arweave (AR) Return On Investment(ROI)
Arweave (AR) Price Now
Arweave price today is $9.26 with a 24-hour trading volume of $7,278,048. AR price is up 0.65% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 33.39Mil AR coins and a max supply of 66Mil. In order to explore addresses and transactions, you may use block explorers such as
What Is Arweave(AR)?
Arweave is a protocol that allows you to store data permanently, sustainably, with a single upfront fee. The protocol matches people who have hard drive space to spare with those individuals and organizations that need to store data or host content permanently. This is similar to how Uber connects drivers with people who need transport. This is achieved in a decentralized network, like Bitcoin, and all data stored is backed by a sustainable endowment ensuring it is available in perpetuity. On top of the core, Arweave protocol lives the permaweb: A global, permanent web of pages and applications that live forever.
The company is headquartered in London, UK. Arweave went through Techstars Berlin's mentorship program in 2018 and went live in June that year.
What Are the Features of Arweave(AR)?
- The Arweave community has built a complete suite of tools and services that allow you to launch completely decentralized applications that live on top of this permaweb. These tools offer everything from UI hosting, to database writes and queries, as well as smart contracts for programming financial rewards and incentives. This stack of tools is composable and interchangeable, allowing you to find the perfect combination of technologies to fit the needs of your decentralized web app.
- The Arweave network is powered by the AR token, which can be found on most major exchanges.
- Arweave is a completely community-owned and operated open-source network. This wiki is our collective knowledge base about the permaweb, hosted on the permaweb itself.
Who Is the Founder of Arweave(AR)?
Arweave(AR) is founded by Sam Williams. He is an Entrepreneur, decentralization enthusiast, and passionate co-founder of Arweave. Sam Williams introduced himself as a permanent archive of human knowledge and experience. He starts to program software from a young age. Williams has developed great experience designing, implementing, and delivering software that people love.
How Many Arweave (AR) Coins Are there?
- The Arweave network uses a token, the scarcity of which is enforced through the consensus mechanism of the blockweave data structure. The token's main unit is the AR, with sub-unit Winston, where 1 AR = 1,000,000,000,000 Winstons.
- As the token in the system is scarce and is used for two valuable functions, that of encoding data into the system and of rewarding miners, the token itself has a non-zero financial value. Although the token primarily derives its utility from being the only instrument of paying for permanent data storage, it can also be used as a means of value exchange.
- 55 million AR were created in the genesis block at network launch on the 8th June 2018. A further 11 million AR, an additional 20% of the genesis block supply, are being introduced into circulation gradually as block mining rewards. Consequently, the maximum circulation will be 66 million AR.
- AR tokens in circulation are held either in wallets or in the endowment pool. In order to write a transaction into a block, a user has to pay some AR as a transaction fee. This transaction fee is not transferred in its entirety directly to a miner of this block, unlike in traditional blockchain systems. Rather, most of the transaction fee is contributed towards a storage endowment, which is distributed to the wallets of miners over time according to the mechanism.
What Is Arweave Mining?
The process of mining in the Arweave network is designed to increase the number of replications of the dataset as much as possible. This process revolves around the creation and testing of a large number of Succinct Proofs of Random Access (SPoRAs) in every block production period.
- Core mining procedure
Mining in the Arweave network contains multiple phases:
- At the time of generating a block, a network-wide search subspace (10% of the network) is chosen for nodes to read random data from.
- The candidate block's metadata and a random number (the nonce) are hashed together using RandomX.
- The output of this hash — a very large integer — is reduced to be within the range given by the search space size. This number is added to the base of the search space (calculated in step 1), and used as the 'challenge byte' — a point in the dataset that the miner must prove they can access in order to continue the mining process.
- The miner now attempts to read the chunk containing the challenge byte from the disk and into memory. If the miner does not hold a copy of the given chunk, they restart the mining process from the second stage.
- The miner then reads or recreates, as appropriate, the proof of inclusion of the given byte at the appropriate location in the dataset (the Merkle proof).
- The block metadata, the Merkle proof, the chunk, and the nonce are then hashed together using RandomX.
- The output of this hash is interpreted as a number and then validated against the current difficulty level in the network. All but one attempt per block production cycle in the network will fail this validation check, and these miners will start again from the second stage.
- When the node has produced a proof for a valid candidate block, the SPoRA proof and block header are distributed to the rest of the network.
Check: https://docs.arweave.org/info/mining/mining-guide to read how to mine in Arweave.
Where Can I Buy Arweave (AR) Coins?
Investing in Arweave (AR) Coins can seem complicated, but it is much easier when you buy Arweave (AR) Coins through a cryptocurrency exchange. Signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange will allow you to buy, sell, and hold Arweave (AR) Coins — both for fiat money and other cryptocurrencies. Some of the most popular Arweave (AR) Coins cryptocurrency exchanges are:
- Learn about Solana, a fast, secure, and censorship resistant blockchain providing the open infrastructure required for global adoption.
- Learn about Filecoin, an open-source and decentralized cloud storage marketplace, protocol, and cryptocurrency, aims to store humanity's most important information.
- Click to Learn Arweave yellow paper
Arweave (AR) Community
AR Price Statistics
- Arweave Price Today
24h Low / 24h High
$9.14 / $9.37
Trading Volume 24h
Volume / Market Cap(%)
- Arweave Market Cap
Fully Diluted Market Cap
- Arweave Price History
7d Low / 7d High
$8.85 / $9.86
30d Low / 30d High
$8.31 / $17.33
90d Low / 90d High
$8.31 / $17.71
52 Week Low / 52 Week High
$7.19 / $68.84
All Time High
All Time Low
- Show More